NOTICE OF ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – 28 JULY 2020
Notice is hereby given that the Annual General Meeting of the Kalamunda & Districts Basketball Association (KDBA) ABN 99 563 560 745, will be held on 28 July 2020 commencing at 7:00pm at the Ray Owen Sports Centre, Gladys Road, Lesmurdie.
- Welcome and apologies
- Confirmation of minutes of last Annual General Meeting
- To receive the Report of the President.
- To receive the financial statements for the financial year ended 30 June 2020 together with the financial report.
- Special Resolution
- To elect President and nominated members to fill vacated committee member positions.
To consider and, if thought fit, to pass the following resolution as special resolution:
“That the Rules of Association of the Kalamunda & Districts Basketball Association are amended, as set out in the Explanatory Notes to this Notice of Annual General Meeting, with effect from the Annual General Meeting of 2020.”
The Management Committee proposes amendments to the Rules of Association (also known as the Constitution) in order to:
- Align certain procedural provisions more closely with the Associations Incorporations Act 2015;
- Update and clarify member classes; and
- Adopt consistent terminology in the Rules of Association.
A full copy of the current and proposed Rules of Association are available below and for inspection at the AGM.
The Management Committee considers the above proposals to be in the best interests of the KDBA and recommends that members vote in favour of the special resolution proposed at the AGM.
Note: A special resolution must be passed by at least 75% of the votes cast by members entitled to vote on the resolution.
Dated 30 June 2020, by order of the Management Committee.